Provides services that identify, prevent, remediate and rehabilitate acute or prolonged physical dysfunction or pain with emphasis on upper extremity function, maximal independence in activities of daily living and cognitive perceptual motor function.
Assists physician in assessing comprehensively the client's level of function
2. Participates with other health team members in the development of the total client care plan, and shall exchange
with health team expert feed-back to patient care system, and comprehensive evaluation of clients' function.
3. Identifies client needs for occupational therapy. Develops play of treatment in consultation with physician.
4. Provides direct occupational therapy services in accordance with the plan of care established by the physician.
5. Maintains records on visits to clients; including diagnostic evaluation, plans for care, client's response to therapy.
Provides discharge planning when applicable.
6. Participates in case management conferences with the nurse and other team members to coordinate the
occupational therapy program with total plan of care.
7. Advises and consults the nurse, family members and other agency personnel on the plan of care.
8. Instructs the client and family members regarding occupational; therapy treatment regimen.
9. Identifies patient and family needs for other home health services and makes client referrals for same, when
10. Re-evaluates the client's progress and treatment regime, making changes as indicated, and under the physician's
11. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
Bachelor Degree and minimum of one year job-related experience.
CT OT License required.
Experience in qualified home health agency preferred.